1) Make sure to comb your hair daily to avoid tangling. When detangling the hair, start from the ends and work up little by little to the scalp.
2) Hold the base to keep it from shedding or causing root tension.
3) Braid your hair into a couple of big braids or wear in a high ponytail when you sleep, swim or exercise. Please untangle hair before braiding. Never sleep on wet hair as this will cause hair to become very matted. Protect hair by wrapping it in a silk or satin scarf or sleeping on a silk/satin pillowcase.
4) Chlorine and salt water have been known to cause irreparable damage to the hair of lace wigs. So try to limit exposure to chlorinated and/or salt water. It is advised not to
chemically treat this hair of a lace wig yourself because you could cause irreparable damage to the unit.
5) Some hair will shed out of some lace wigs easier than others. Curly and longer units will commonly shed more hair rapidly than a shorter lace wig. Shedding of hair is normal.
6) While wearing your lace wig, your wig may slip. To help avoid this, constantly apply firm pressure on the attachment site, especially after showering. This will help the unit stay firmly attached to your scalp. If you should experience some slippage, you can easily reattach by touching up the area with your adhesive, wait a few minutes for it to set and then pressing the unit down firmly.
7) Use a mix of water and leave-in conditioner daily on curly units.
8) Keep hair from dryness by applying olive oil, Coconut oil or even Shea oil to the ends ONLY two to three times weekly .
The following are things which can lead to premature and excessive hair loss:
1) Excessive combing/brushing
2) Unattended matting/tangling
3) Friction (from cotton pillows, aggressive shampooing)
4) Over-perming or incorrect perming
5) Conditioners remaining in the root/base area
Baking soda bath for shine and body
The baking soda bath will keep your hair shiny and with bouncy body.
· Fill a large 3 quart container with hot water. Then pour ½ to ¾ cups of baking
soda into the water and mix until completely dissolved.
· After brushing the unit, place it into the mixture making sure it is completely
submerged under water.
· Allow the unit to soak overnight or a minimum of four hours. The hair will
begin to float to the top of the mixture. Remove it and rinse with warm water.
· Wash with a clarifying shampoo thoroughly. Deep condition, rinse and allow